Tuesday, February 10, 2009

DOCUMENTATION THAT I EXIST


The feeling of being invisible sometimes hurts,
Inner voices scream at the world,
Only to be blocked by walls of silence,
The feeling of being treated like garbage sometimes hurts,
I try to put out good karma in the universe,
Inner voices scream at the world,
Only to be deleted by those who crush dreams,
I just wanna feel alive,
My inner visions,
Fuel my inner vibes,
Battling the forces of evil,
Just to tell the world my name,
When my life is over,
Will they remember the song I sung for you,
Or the soulful masterpieces I painted,
The feeling of not existing sometimes hurts,
Inner voices scream at a world that isn't listening,
While my cries in the dark go unheard,
Does my life have meaning,
I am a cultural substance,
Demanding my existence be respected,
My umi says,
Shine your light on the world,
So the tattoo on my heart reads "The Mighty I Am".


("JODISM: Documentation That I Exist" opens Friday March 7th, 2009 at 6 pm as part of The Creative Arts Guild's First Friday event.)

9 comments:

clnmike said...

Cool, man.

Kofi Bofah said...

What's happening Ralph Ellison?

Anonymous said...

I feel your existance....lol

Montanna Mitchem said...

That was 6 feet... Deep!

Anonymous said...

why i aint know about the art show???

Ora_Lanique* said...

Im sooo feeling this piece..
feeling "unseen" is one of thee
worst feelings..
but just wanted to let ya know..
ya prescence is felt on my blog..
thanx=]

Anonymous said...

hey where you at jody??

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Reggie said...

Nice post.