Monday, December 29, 2008

infinite JODISM, infinite POTENTIAL





































2008 is outta here! These pictures are important to me. These people have influenced my life and helped shaped the person I am today in some way, fashion or form. I read alot and love black history & culture. I love music, art and black folks. I love us and who we are.
The top picture is from the "I want your soul" artshow that Dan The Man put on @ The Eastside Lounge. Yall can check it out at www.manoamanoartshow.com I am a visual artist and my passion for art, music and culture will never die. I have always battled other people's thoughts on what I should do with my life. I recently worked for DFACS as a social services placement worker. Some family drama and interaction with DFACS has caused a conflict of interest. My heart and mind all along was screaming go back and follow your dreams. On december 23, 2008, I was forced to make a decision and I chose to do what makes Jody Harris happy while not giving a damn anymore about what my family thinks, my so called friends and outsiders opinions. In reality, I never listened anyway and never gave a flying fuck. In relation to finding a good woman, I realized that going out looking aint gettin me nowhere. When the most high sees it fit for me to meet my soulmate, then it'll happen so I aint gon sweat that anymore. She is out there!
The people in the pictures above never cared about what people thought about them and I am fully embracing their spirits. I realized my infinite potential is limitless and I can do whatever I want. It has inspired me to move forward and focus on my life, my energy, my universal purpose and my all around well being. Walking away from certain situations sometimes can be hard but if it needs to be done, then it needs to be done. Locally, I am called the renaissance man. I am getting my guitar out and gettin back into my music. I have a blues gig lined up at the blues train cafe in downtown dalton on tuesdays. I will be doing Muddy Waters "Hoochie Coochie Man" and other classics. I am also gettin back into my art and the art scene heavy in 2009. I already got some art shows lined up. I am gonna do what makes Jody happy and let the cards fall where they may.
Yall please stay jazzy! Pray for me and I'll do the same for you! Support the arts!








5 comments:

clnmike said...

Right on man, I like the way your thinking bro, do you.

Everything else will fall into place.

Muze said...

nice blog.

and nice entry!

Ezme said...

First time passing by and i like the way you write. Will be coming back for more.
Btw thanks for checking out my blog

Stay Blessed

Kofi Bofah said...

You got that good Muddy Waters posted up.

The Blues Player.

Not, Redman.

Stephen Fleming said...

I like the way your thinking man. I read this blog Great article amazing information thanks for sharing..!
Love Quotes