Friday, October 10, 2008

I PASSED!

In the past, I had a wife in my corner to support me and encourage me when things got dicey. Now we are divorced and in different places. It's been almost 2 years. I am my only form of a support system right now and this morning I thought I missed her or missed her being in my corner. Then I started thinkin about how far I have come. From trying to commit suicide to depression to getting a new job to gettin a new ride and a new crib. I have passed some hard tests in life so far and this little test for certification can't scared me. Today, I took the first test for my job training certification in Tifton,GA. I was lounging last night tryin to get with this honey in the lobby but she kept talkin about studying. I wanted to study also. I am a man and I think like a man! I can't help it. Anyway, I went to my room to watch the wake forest/clemson game and chatted on the phone with a new friend to about 3 in the morning. She is cool and really down to earth. I got up this morning realizing that I had messed around and wasted my thursday night study time. We took the test today in the training course and I ended up making a 84. I passed the test and got the first part of my certification for this job. I am happy and ready to get drunk. The only thing is that I have to go back to tifton next week for more training all the way til november 7. Yo, I still get bad vibes sometimes but in the long run, I think my life is gonna stay on this current track to improving and I am gonna be alright. The biggest test here was dealing with emotions from my divorce and ex-wife. I am over her and have moved on. I feel I passed that test. I'm stronger.

3 comments:

clnmike said...

Congrats and keep your head up bro.

Allogenes said...

That's wasup, homie. That's how we move...body towards its final destination and soul towards the highest elevation.
Keep it movin!

Amina said...

Congratulations!!!
Enjoy your accomplishment!!