Monday, October 13, 2008

A puzzle called Black Women.



I am about to keep it real again! I am a single brotha back on the dating scene. I have been working on getting my inner house in order before I really try to get into another long term relationship or any kind of relationship for that matter. I have alot to offer a sista. I have found out the hard way that the dating scene has changed. It is a puzzle trying to figure out women. Throw in trying to figure out black women. When they say this, it really means something else. When she does that, she really means this. Then they get mad at us when we don't figure out whatever message they tryin to communicate. I am a man and I think like a man! Sometimes we don't catch on to things. I admit that I am usually thinkin bout something else like when the game come on, do I need to finish grad school, is the beer cold, should I buy that new king magazine, will I get some this weekend, do I buy bread & milk or some rubbers and when is pay day. On the wigflip, I am having fun. I have only 1 person to take care of and I am taking care of myself just fine. I sincerely hope I put this puzzle together someday and find my soulmate. I know she is out there.

Relationship Quote from The Dalai Lama
Consider the following. We humans are social beings. We come into the world as the result of others' actions. We survive here in dependence on others. Whether we like it or not, there is hardly a moment of our lives when we do not benefit from others' activities. For this reason it is hardly surprising that most of our happiness arises in the context of our relationships with others.
Nor is it so remarkable that our greatest joy should come when we are motivated by concern for others. But that is not all. We find that not only do altruistic actions bring about happiness but they also lessen our experience of suffering. Here I am not suggesting that the individual whose actions are motivated by the wish to bring others' happiness necessarily meets with less misfortune than the one who does not. Sickness, old age, mishaps of one sort or another are the same for us all. But the sufferings which undermine our internal peace -- anxiety, doubt, disappointment -- these things are definitely less. In our concern for others, we worry less about ourselves. When we worry less about ourselves an experience of our own suffering is less intense.
What does this tell us? Firstly, because our every action has a universal dimension, a potential impact on others' happiness, ethics are necessary as a means to ensure that we do not harm others. Secondly, it tells us that genuine happiness consists in those spiritual qualities of love, compassion, patience, tolerance and forgiveness and so on. For it is these which provide both for our happiness and others' happiness. [Ethics for a New Millennium, by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama]

3 comments:

clnmike said...

My man you are living in the dating version of dangerous times.

Women do not know what they want even when they say they do the onlything that they are sure of is that it is a man to blame for the problem.

But with danger of comes excitement.

For a brotha who has it together free of headaches it is one big all you can eat buffet.

All you got to do is take your time, select discriminatly, taste everything, do not get upset with the poor taste of one dish because there are plenty of diffrent ones available.

But above all go in with an empty stomach, as in dont let your past relationships ruin your taste.

These are fun times for a bachelor enjoy!

clnmike said...

P.S.

Treat it like boxing as well protect your self at all times in every way.

dejanae said...

the dalai lama knows wat he's talkin bout?