Friday, August 15, 2008

The Art of Ice Grillin Pt.3(Shonuff)



I have been working on another ice grill pose. This one is influenced by the 80's. I had to go old school. Yall remember this cat. This is Shonuff aka The Shogun of Harlem from the berry gordy 1985 movie "The Last Dragon". The dude that played shonuff had a mean ice grill. He also played sonia's boyfriend on a episode of "227". This movie is a classic and starred Tai mak and Vanity along with SugarHill Gang's Master Gee's little brother Leo O'Brien who played richie. Yall remember when he was tied up and he breakdanced his way out of the ropes to go save Vanity. That was ill. I have had a chance to use this shonuff ice grill while standing in line at the post office. This lady was mean muggin me cause I took a parking spot from her outside. I could feel her laser eyes burning the back of my head so I turned around and ice grilled her. I had to think quick so I pulled out the shonuff ice grill pose. I wish I would have had the same outfit he had on in the movie. As I ice grilled her, I wanted to take a line from the movie and ask, "Whose the master?", but I felt that would have been too intimidating so I let up a little and turned back around. The lady got out of line and I felt the victory was all mine. I got my stamps, put the letters in the drop box and walked out to my truck. This lady had dumped what looked like a milkshake on the hood and threw some trash under the truck to make it look like I was extreme littering. Regardless, I will continue to practice the shonuff ice grill pose. Don't be suprised if you see me at Apache Cafe in the crowd with some shonuff lokes on and ice grillin. If yall get a chance, go and rent the movie "The Last Dragon". The 80's are coming back and I been 2 steps ahead years ago. Yall stay fresh!

No comments: