Monday, August 11, 2008

Sonia and the natural crew/Birmingham's Best!


This is a picture of sonia and her staff at changes natural hair care salon. Sonia has a big place in birmingham and she recently opened a spot in atlanta over by greenbriar. It didn't work out how she expected. I met sonia at a event I did in birmingham called R.I.S.E. It was put on by dj rahdu and the soul rebels collective. Sonia purchased a couple pieces of my work. She then called me later to get some customized work and also had some of her staff buy some work. It is cool cause I didn't have to pull teeth or deal with any bull while dealing with sonia. She is a cool sista. I am thankful for her showing interest in my work and it really did alot for my confidence. Also, sonia puts on events at her mega salon in birmingham. I have been down there a couple of times and really enjoyed myself. You can see pictures of me, the soul rebels collective, sonia, julie dexter, anthony david, rueben studdard and more at www.urbanham.com in the events section of the photo gallery. Go there and click on any of the events labeled "R.I.S.E.". Sonia, dj rahdu, tommy, nee nah and everybody down there are really soulful and cool people. If yall are ever in birmingham, check out changes natural hair salon. Please support black businesses!

No comments: