Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dumpster Dive Records Cook-out



I went to a cook-out in May 2007. These are some pictures from the last great cook-out at dumpster dive records. I was going through some ISH around this time and stopped by to get some records. Noah is a cool dude. There is a pic of me and Noah during the cook-out. There are also some pics of some great writers getting up like phenom MICHI. He always spoke and was friendly everytime I came to the spot. On this day, they were cooking, painting and b-boying while the deejays got down. It was cool until this tall skinny white kid busted this crazy looking black dude over the head with a beer bottle in the entrance way. Things got hecked and it appeared as if the day had been ruined by these idiots. The tall skinny white kid hopped in a car and jetted. The black dude was bleeding and cussing. They ran off and then came back. The music started back up, the hotdogs and burgers were done, someone opened a beer and things returned to normal. I ended up buying the strange fruit project album, the sounds of L.A. album and a royce the 5'9 single "boom". I got me something to eat and lounged outside as the graf heads started to get up. As you can see, it was a great day. The entire time I was there, no bums came up asking for change and that was cool. Dumpster Dive Records has since closed and it is now Plush 357. The graf heads are still getting up on the side of the building. Noah and the dumpster dive crew use to throw events over in east atlanta. I heard they are still getting down even though the record spot has closed. We all need to support our local record shops.

No comments: