Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Today was an alright day! Shout out Roy Ayers!





"I live in Newtown baby". Today was alright! I got to see some beautiful women, hung in the a.t.l. for a minute, got some money and ate at the varsity. I woke up this morning breathing. It was raining and appeared to be another gloomy day. Trying to find a real reason to smile sometimes when you feel like poop is hard. During recent trials and tribulations, I have found that music has a vibe changing effect. I had the blues today cause of a situation at work. I was also riding on fumes with change in my pocket wondering how I'm get to work the rest of the week. I did a customized piece of art for a extra fine young sista(shout to tammy t) and she liked it. It is always a compliment when a person purchases a piece of art. I wish friday would hurry up and come on damn it! COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON IS ALMOST HERE! But on the real, Roy Ayers is the man. If you have seen the movie "Coffy", then you'll know this cat is for real. The first time I heard "We live in brooklynn baby", I was at the old warehouse in 1994. It came on and all the upnorth folks went crazy. Later during cool out moments, I heard another Roy Ayers classic "Everybody loves the sunshine". I heard this on the first brand nubian album. Roy Ayers music and his style is on some galactic funk ish. Between Roy Ayers, The Crusaders and Lonnie Liston Smith, you aint living right if you aint checked these cats out. I am a soul music junkie. I can listen to some great music and feel better instantly. I am chillin. I am looking forward to the rest of this week, the rest of this month, the rest of the year and the rest of my life being one big learning experience. I got alot of stuff on my plate, I got some big things on the horizon. Gotta go with the flow!

No comments: