Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I love it when a plan comes together!

Life is crazy. Life throws curve balls sometimes we don't expect. This past weekend, I celebrated with my peeps and got a little tipsy at a party. I aint a drinker but I decided to pretend to be one. I started my new job on Monday. It was cool and eye opening. I am excited about the job, working for a cause and getting paid. If everythang goes right,I don't have to deal with art consignment folks anymore or the idiots at my old job. When I got to work yesterday, my supervisor showed me my office and I just sat there for a minute to take it all in. The day was going good until I got off and went home. Family drama seems to follow me even when I aint lookin for it. Now I feel my exodus from this part of town is drawing closer. People are pulling me in different directions and it aint cool. The bright spot in all this recent madness is my cousin. My cousin has been a godsend. She has helped me out alot from letting me burn cd's at her crib to borrowing her vehicle. Other than my mentally ill mother, my family has helped me with good advice to get through my personal issues over the past 2 years. I feel like my life is on the upswing sometimes. I tried to mack down this honeydip at a big party this past weekend and she fronted. Her negro is in jail and she talkin bout she waitin on him. The negro aint gettin out for about 30 years. But yo, the JODSTER moves full speed ahead. On september 6, 2008, my sista-in-law is having a big turning 30 party at the creative arts guild. She is a cool sista and a positive person in the community. I will be doing a live painting during the celebration while poetry is being performed. It is an all white party. I am gon do my thang. I am cool because I have been sucka punched by life a couple of times and got right back up.

1 comment:

Piers said...

This can't work in reality, that is exactly what I suppose.
green leggings | wood sculpture | spotting during pregnancy