Thursday, August 14, 2008

SCHOOL DAZE/Goin Greek





I am not greek. I tried to pledge a certain frat but it didn't work out. I decided to try and make alittle change off my connections. I said if I ever have a daughter, she will be a delta. If I ever have a son, he will be a que. There are alot of famous greeks like Shaq, Michael Jordan, Steve Harvey, Cheryl Underwood, Keisha Knight Pullam, Camille Cosby, Bill Cosby, Cedric the Entertainer, Morris Chestnutt and Michelle Obama. I stopped doing greek stuff after they started cracking down on anybody who wasn't licensed. This is a example of the greek paraphernelia I use to create. These pictures are from a Delta Sigma Theta Inc event. They have an annual vendors fair where they let people come in and sell their goods. I got into doing parphernelia after going to a step show at Morris Brown College back in Fall 1994. Since, I have created paddles, keychains, totem poles, jewelry boxes, tiki necklaces, wall decor and much more. I have made greek stuff for some famous folks like Mr. Andy Young and his wife, Mrs. Joni Mitchell at Atlanta Technical College, Alicia from The Burning Sands, Mrs. Kim Eccels of Atlanta Metropolitan College and soul brotha Jamal Ahmad purchased a piece for his mother. I create alot of items for all sororities and fraternaties. I know alot of delta's and aka's. My ex-wife was a Zeta. I have alot of ques, alpha's and sigma's in my family. When I was making paraphernelia, my biggest supporters were delta's and aka's. I never had any problems and they were always great about placing orders. I stopped by to visit one of my folks at atlanta metro and she wanted to place some orders. On top of that, she said she knows a young lady that goes to her church that she would like me to meet. That is off the subject but the ladies of delta sigma theta inc. have been great to me since 1998 and I appreciate everyone that has ever supported my greek paraphernelia business. I wanna shout out all the greek/oes/mason folks at atlanta metropolitan college, fort valley state college, atlanta technical college and the eastpoint/college park alumni chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Incorporated.

No comments: