Friday, August 15, 2008

A New Start

This coming monday, I will be officially starting a new job. It is a state job and the pay is alright. When I applied for the job, the pay listed was what I really wanted. I discovered that the pay grade I am starting out at is towards the bottom and I have to work my way up to top pay. It was sorta a bummer but I am thankful I got the job and working in a different field. I had been working at temp agencies and doing some teaching on the side while doing my art thang. Now I can relax alittle bit and focus on this current job and making it stable. I had made some big plans with the pay I thought I was gonna get. I was gonna move into this loft and get me a 300. I already went and picked it out. I toured the loft and went and looked at some new furniture. I figured since I am a single man with no kids I can do this since I only have me to worry about. I also went and checked out some flat screens since college football starts in 2 weeks. But, I gotta put some of that stuff on hold until I settle into this new job. My cousin opened her hair salon in union city and it is fly. She wants to get some of my salon art and sculptures to put in her salon. My cousin bought 10 pieces of art from me last November and told a bunch of her clients. The name of her salon is Naturally Gifted Hair Salon and it is located in union city across the street from Pep Boys off in the cut. Yall stop by and check her out and please support black owned businesses. Back to the subject, I am thankful for this job, the income and the stability. I am still gonna work on moving back to atlanta within the next 6-8 months. I've did my time in dalton and gotten over my divorce. Now I am recharged, reborn and ready to get back in the loop in atlanta. Oh snap, college football season is 2 weeks away. I may have to quit this job if it messes with the season. During the months of late august to bowl season in january, I am a college football junkie. I have been known to ice grill folks down who distrub me when a game is on especially if it is my OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. Yall stay tuned!

No comments: